Deputies are searching for Shawnice Hershkovitz
and Destiny Hershkovitz following a pursuit
Initially, I thought these two had killed someone or robbed a bank! Anyway, the police are in hot pursuit of them because they are wanted for forgery and larceny, according to this Highland Police tweet.
At first glance, I wouldn't peg them as thieves; especially the one on the right side of the image above. She looks like an all American girl - Her sister probably looks like that too but her tears are hiding it. Speaking of the one crying, "I don't get it!" Why? Why? Why are you crying? Haven't you ever heard the saying, "If you do the crime, you must do the time?"
This news report (click link below) read that these ladies were squatting in a house in Highland, CA when a resident living on that street called authorities on them.
As young as they are (they're 22 and 23-years-old), there is no excuse to take things that don't belong to you.
I happen to know a woman like this who is still frightened that she'll be expedited back to the state where she committed forgery and some other felonies. I felt sorry for her because she was very young, like this young women, when she committed those crimes nearly 20 years ago. I wanted her to feel like she could go on with life, so I did an online search for the 'statue of limitations' on those crimes she told me about.
Unfortunately for her, all the warrants had not expired but the Statue of Limitations for each had expired fifteen or more years earlier. What happened is, the state where she had the warrants for her arrest had not removed expunged them from her police record. She knows this, because she was trying to get into her own home after locking herself out, when her neighbor didn't recognize her and called the police to report a break in. They told her that they would take her in, but the state she lived in won't request her to be sent to them.
So, I guess that was fortunate for her after all!
These two are not so lucky that way, they're going to jail after leading police on a high speed chase and evading arrest. Tse tse!
Even if I did know them, I have a feeling that the crimes they were involved in were way worse then the person I just mentioned in prior paragraphs. They should do their time and change their ways because they have a lot of life to live unlike that woman I told you all about earlier in this commentary.
*Thank you for visiting!
Leave your comment in the comment section below:
Yahoo News (@YahooNews) | Twitter
- Verified ·
- 1.1M followers ·
- 141K tweets
- BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) | Twitter
- Verified ·
- 7.6M followers ·
- 317K tweets
- ABC News (@ABC) | Twitter
- 8.8M followers ·
- 157K tweets
- BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) | Twitter
- Verified ·
- 28M followers ·
- 31K tweets
- Twitter: Pictures, Videos, Breaking News - Huffington Post
- News on Twitter. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Twitter.
- 9 Breaking News Tweets That Changed Twitter Forever
- mashable.com/2013/10/31/twitter-newsOct 31, 2013 · Twitter has revolutionized global news delivery and consumption. These nine major news stories broke on Twitter and changed how we use the platform.
- TWTR Stock Price & News - Twitter Inc. - Wall Street Journal
- Twitter Inc. Stock - TWTR news, historical stock charts, analyst ratings, financials, and today’s Twitter Inc. stock price.
- CNN (@CNN) | Twitter